[3830] ARRL Dig N6JSO SO1R-8 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 5 21:05:13 EDT 2022

                    ARRL Digital Contest - 2022

Call: N6JSO
Operator(s): N6JSO
Station: N6JSO

Class: SO1R-8 QRP
QTH: SCV

Total:  26  Total Score = 154

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Since my "radio Jeep" was in the shop, I did a
"DeckXpedition" using my backpack-portable rig on my upstairs deck
until it started to rain Saturday evening. I decided to give QRP a try, so I
turned my Xiegu G90 down to 5W, and with that and my AlexLoop mag loop antenna,
I was able to contact Hawaii and Japan. I had good luck on 15m during the day
and did some 40m in the late afternoon. I could hear stations from Australia and
South America, but they apparently couldn't hear my 5W signal. I had too much
noise on 20m from my house to be able to pick anyone out of the noise log enough
to sustain a QSO. I was only able to operate for a few hours due to rain and
other commitments, but I had a good time with my first digital contest.