[3830] ARRL Dig W2ZQ M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 6 16:44:20 EDT 2022

                    ARRL Digital Contest - 2022

Call: W2ZQ
Operator(s): AC2YD AD2CC AD2CD K1JT K2WLD K3EA KB3BB N3DD
Station: W2ZQ

Class: M/S LP
QTH: SNJ

Total:  877  Total Score = 11,357

I thought this was an excellent start for a new contest!

This entry was a club event for the Delaware Valley Radio Association.  We're
not generally a contest-oriented club.  Most of our participating Ops had not
done digi-contesting before, and some had not done *any* contesting before.  We
all had lots of fun!

We used a non-public trial version of WSJT-X with features specifically designed
for this contest, and no other software.  It performed well, and our Ops found
it easy to learn and easy to use.  It provides especially convenient ways to
select and favor QSOs that produce the most points.  A public release can be
expected fairly soon.

As a general policy we sent 73 after receiving RR73.  I hope our NIL rate will
be better than has been typical in (for example) recent WW-Digi contests.

We had only occasional issues with non-contest-savvy Ops sending us signal
reports and expecting a report in return.  We mostly dealt with these by sending
RR73 and moving on.

A few general comments on the rules:

Distance scoring: good
No HP categories: good
Recommended sub-bands for FT4 and FT8: good

Thanks to all for the QSOs!

    -- 73, Joe, K1JT