[3830] ARRL June VHF K0JP Single Op-All Modes LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 12 21:28:39 EDT 2022

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2022

Call: K0JP
Operator(s): K0JP
Station: K0JP

Class: Single Op-All Modes LP
QTH: Karlstad, MN
Operating Time (hrs): 5:14

    6:  56     47
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  56     47  Total Score = 2,632

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

This was no fun...until I got to Sunday afternoon. At that point 6 was wide open
and the CW activity was better than anything I've seen since the start of The
Age of FT8! I thought to myself "This is very much like the old days!"
and, while pondering that, tuned across a ghost from the past calling CQ. It was
W2SZ! That took me back to the Sunday morning tropo sessions at W9HHX (Milwaukee
School of Engineering) where we would work the east coast mults even on a dead
band. One of the regulars worked was the gang at 'SZ.

One of the things I noted were the large number of occasions when a station with
a decent signal would decode once or twice and then be gone forever. Each time I
saw that happen my thought was "I could have made that contact in less than
15 seconds on CW!"

I had to quit a bit early because both my wireless keyboards were acting
squirrelly making basic logging difficult and, to top it off, my switching power
supply started placing 60Hz hum on my signal (monitoring your own signal is,
indeed, a good idea) and I could not continue. I have replacements but they are
at our new QTH in VE4. :<(