[3830] ARRL June VHF W1HNZ Single Op-All Modes HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 13 12:09:02 EDT 2022

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2022

Call: W1HNZ
Operator(s): W1HNZ
Station: W1HNZ

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: MA

    6:  218   122
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  218   122  Total Score = 26,596

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I wasn't planning a major effort as I only have a serviceable antenna for 6
meters. My 2 m set up is a 50 W Yaesu FM transceiver and a J pole in the corner
of the library. I began my efforts late Saturday afternoon and operated mostly
FT8/FT4. The propagation stateside and to Europe was amazing. Europe was opened
from Greece to Sweden at one point. On Sunday I noticed the New Hampshire crowd
were calling JA's and then about 20 minutes later the band opened Asia down here
in Massachusetts. I was able to work 13 JA's but missed the HL's and BA's.
Stateside propagation was also great. This was a good chance to increase my
state and country totals on 6. All in all, it was great fun.