[3830] ARRL June VHF K7DR SO 3Band-All Modes LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 13 21:10:34 EDT 2022

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2022

Call: K7DR
Operator(s): K7DR
Station: K7DR

Class: SO 3Band-All Modes LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  142    73  Total Score = 10,366

Icom-7000 100w 6M Loop at 10 feet.

This was a shakedown test for FD. My laptop/IC-7000 combo worked quite well on
CW and FT 4/8.

Setup is modest, just a 6M square horiz loop on a tripod in the backyard, I put
up during Es season. I do have a 3el Yagi I use on occasion, but frequently when
the openings keep changing directions the loop is easier to use. I'm up to 272
grids with it, so it does work.

Saturday started slow then the band came alive. Received my first JA ever on 6M
but couldn't work him. Band was open to many areas of US til I stopped for the
night.

Sunday was about the same. I didn't start til mid-afternoon, worked an
occasional Es that popped in for a few until about 4:30p EDT. The band exploded.
My FT-8 decode window suddenly filled with a bunch of EU. 50.323 also was full
of activity. I tried to work the EU coming in but my 100w and my loop couldn't
break through. EU finally went out after an hour or so, but Es stayed in
stateside til the end of the contest.

73
Dave - K7DR
EN82ln