[3830] ARRL June VHF K1HTV Single Op-All Modes HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 13 21:33:26 EDT 2022

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2022

Call: K1HTV
Operator(s): K1HTV
Station: K1HTV

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  357   205
    2:    4     2
  222:
  432:    2     1
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  363   208  Total Score = 75,520

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig : 6M - K3 & 800W SSPA
Antennas : 7el K1JX at 40 ft and 7 el LFA at 77 ft.

Soapbox : Except for working a few locals on 2M & 70cm FM, my main focus was
on 6M FT8 and FT4. The DX before and during the contest was great. Worked
ZA/IW2JOP Saturday morning for 6M country number 168. Of the 205 grids worked in
the contest on 6 Meters, 66 were in Europe and 6 in Japan. I worked 6 JAs on
Saturday and another 5 on Sunday. KH6HI was copied for around 15-20 minutes, but
I had worked him last week and the pileup was huge. I was more interested in
listening for BS4SI on 50.323 FT8.

I didn't copy BS4SI but I did decode HL3GOI and BG6CJR on 50313. But even more
surprising was seeing PSK Reporter flags by DS4EOI and BH4SCF decoding K1HTV. A
number of other PVRC 6M stations sent and received PSKR flags for and from
Korean and Chinese FT8 stations. Its just a matter of time, luck and another
great 6 Meter SSSP DX opening.

73,
Rich - K1HTV