[3830] ARRL June VHF W0UC Single Op-Analog HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 14 16:08:32 EDT 2022

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2022

Call: W0UC
Operator(s): W0UC
Station: W0UC

Class: Single Op-Analog HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  606   173
  1.2:   13    10
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  750   256  Total Score = 221,184

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

I decided just on Friday to go analog-only, as I knew I was going to have to
take time for other things out at the W0AIH site, and digital really requires
full-time BIC to be competitive.  This did allow me to give full attention to
the rovers, and I think I swept them all!  We need to remember them in June if
we want to work them in August, September & January!

Best 6M conditions for me since 2016.  Saturday was very quiet until 2200, then
had 4 pretty good hours. Sunday again was quiet;  just a half-hour opening early
afternoon, but after 2030 it really started to roll.  As good running as I can
recall.  Mostly to the Northeast, Southeast and South, filled in the grid map
pretty well.  Occasional calls from the West, but very spotty there.

It would have been fun to catch the 2M E-skip on FT8!  Here is where digital
really killed the SSB activity.  I was watching the MUF map like a hawk, and the
red boxes were perfectly positioned for working toward FL/GA.  I called and
listened on 144.200 over a period of probably 90 minutes, and only caught AC4TO.

 Nothing else heard.  He and I chatted at times over a half hour.  He worked a
bunch of FT8, but only two other SSB stations up my way.

There's nothing like a great ending to a contest:  8 new grids in the last 19
minutes from 3 stations on the upper bands!  Only one was scheduled.

Huge thanks to rovers KC0P+N0HZO, K9PW, N0SPN and KA9VVQ+W9FZ!  This was a fun
one.

73
Paul W0UC
EN44HamRadio