[3830] TBDC N9TF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 19 10:17:39 EDT 2022

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Clarksville TN

Total:  QSOs = 70  Total Score = 235

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Surprisingly quieter band conditions than I had expected. Light activity
though.
Still operating the cobbled together low, 17' wire and gutter 160 dipole.
Had one little 37 minute run that netted 22 Qs the rest of the Qs were all
S&P.
Lots of unanswered CQing in between. Most propagation north and east, but west
opened up a bit from 0500UTC until I pulled the plug at 0600UTC. Farthest grid
west worked was K7QA in DN26, which took many repeats to finish the Q. Thanks
Thomas for hanging in there to pull out my grid and complete the Q. Others out
west heard, with only ?? given to my calls were K7RAT, N9NA and W6AYC. All were
loud here well above the noise floor. AA6AA and N6AA also heard here above the
noise floor in the clear but never heard my calls.
I was hoping to put at least 100 Qs in the log, but activity to the areas I was
heard in were sparse. Always fun to play in the Top Band Challenge, even this
time of year with short nights.

Thanks for all the Qs!

73 Gene N9TF
Clarksville TN