[3830] WVQP K4HQK Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 19 12:03:02 EDT 2022

                    West Virginia QSO Party - 2022

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA

   80:    3
   40:   12     14
----------------------------
Total:   15     14      0  Mults = 19  Total Score = 1,036

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score calculation: (44 QSO points x 19 counties =836)+200 for two W8WVA QSOs =
1,036 total.

If only there had been more activity; maybe the weather was just too nice to be
inside cranking the radio. I worked all I could find on 40m CW and phone, plus
three more on 80m CW, but heard nothing on 75m phone. Saw nothing on 40m FT8,
either. If there was more WV activity, it must have been on 20m and higher,
skipping beyond my range from Northern Virginia.

Enjoyed working K3JT and KB8DX in Morgantown (Monongalia county), neither far
from my wife's downtown QTH while teaching (2005-2008) at WVU's School of
Journalism .

73,

John K4HQK

Station: IC-7400, ALS-600 amp, dipoles.