[3830] All Asian CW KA1IS SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 20 00:47:45 EDT 2022

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KA1IS
Operator(s): KA1IS
Station: KA1IS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Bethel, ME
Operating Time (hrs): 4:32

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    2     2
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  135   103  Total Score = 13,905

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Always a challenge to work Asian stations from Maine under any conditions. Bands
kept going in and out. Sometimes within minutes, all signals would disappear.
Weak signals, especially on 15 meters. It was helpful to have worked stations
previously on 20 meters, saving otherwise broken QSO's, by filling in previous
exchanges.

Sunday morning, most signals were in the noise. The S meter was just not moving.
But it was easy to work JA's and UA9's generally on the first call. Without much
competition from EU or US - using a 3 element tri-bander on the roof (A3S) and
500 watts. Apparently propagation wasn't reciprocal. But by afternoon, EU
stations returned, propagation flipped, and it was a struggle to work anything

I had to take care of stuff around the house this weekend. So just kept checking
the bands every so often to catch an opening. Also worked about 70 stations in
the Stew Perry contest on 160, since there wasn't a lot of AA activity after
dark.

Heard stations from Nepal and Vietnam but they didn't hear me. Just noticed the
solar wind has subsided some since the end of the contest. As to be expected.

Worked a lot of ops the same age as me (66). Guess we have time for contesting
now at this phase of our lives. Truly a blessing.

Tom
KA1IS