[3830] All Asian CW N6TV SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 20 02:32:46 EDT 2022

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N6TV
Operator(s): N6TV
Station: N6TV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 26.7
OpMode: 2BSIQ

   40:  430   127
   20:  476   137
Total: 1286   425  Total Score = 601,375

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was hoping for better conditions on the high bands, but many signals were very
weak due the high K index and noisy bands.  Made a few more QSOs than last
year.

15m opening at night the first night was a nice surprise.  I can't remember the
last time I worked a VU on 15m from here.

I could not use 2BSIQ very much on most band combinations because of some type
of passive intermod in the JA direction, probably from some neighborhood device,
that generates spurious signals on all bands in certain directions.

The new QSK update in the Elecraft K4 was a huge improvement over all prior use.
 The rig remains a pleasure to use, and the 50 Hz Audio Peaking Filter (APF)
really helped pull a lot of stations out of the noise.

Rig: Elecraft K4D (2) running Beta Firmware R30.B4
Amp: Elecraft KPA1500 (2)
Ant: 5 el 10, 5 el 15, 5 el 20, 3 el 40, 1 el 80 rotary dipole
Tower: U.S. Tower HD-589MDPL Self-Supporting Crank Up
SO2R:  Top Ten DX Doubler
Software:  Win-Test 4.42

73,
Bob, N6TV