[3830] ARRL FD K6LL 1D QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 26 13:50:03 EDT 2022

                    ARRL Field Day - 2022

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL K7ABC
Station: K6LL

Class: 1D QRP
QTH: AZ

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  350     0       0  Total Score = 1,550

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Above score includes 100 points for FD Message and 50 pts for web submission.

I wanted to make a few Q's in FD and thought I'd try QRP for something
different.  It was actually my first QRP contest ever.   I was surprised at how
"normal" it seemed.  I could do about 70 per hour on S&P, and
about 60 per hour CQ'ing.  If I lost my CQ frequency, it was no problem to find
another, and the RBN spotted me right away.  It was fun for about five hours,
but then started to get boring, so I turned it all off and did other things for
the rest of the weekend.  20 was the only band open while I was on, so I
couldn't do SO2R.  I probably could have gotten the rate up to around 100 with
SO2R, at least for a while.  It's hard to stay motivated from a home station,
when you know that a "real" Field Day involves a club out in the
field, but it's just too hot around here in June to do anything outdoors safely.
 Maybe next year I'll rig up a battery and go for the full 5X QRP power
multiplier.

Equipment: K3, tribander at 48 feet, commercial power.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ