[3830] ARRL FD K5PI(@W5KFT) 2D LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 26 17:43:43 EDT 2022

                    ARRL Field Day - 2022

Call: K5PI
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: 2D LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 19:26

    6:                 89
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1670    46     89  Total Score = 7,128

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

It looks like Field Day is back!  I used the N1MM Call History file, so got a
pre-filled exchange for many stations.  It was heartening to overwrite a lot of
"D" entries with A, B, and F. I also saw a lot of 1As upgraded to 2A,
2As upgraded to 3A, etc.  W5MJ and I, however, decided to beat the heat at
W5KFT.  We both took our generators, but neither was quite up to the job this
weekend.  We decided to share the station with a two separate D entries.  I did
CW (and a tiny bit of SSB) on one station and ran 6M digital on the other.

Conditions were pretty good on Saturday.  20 was the money band, but 15 had some
life in it.  40 and 80 were noisy here, but settled down later.  Sunday morning
provided some nice openings on 10 and 15, and 6M opened up too.

It seemed refreshingly apparent that many folks were not using spotting
assistance.  The zero-beat pileups were way down, and the RIT became important
again.  Kudos to the rusty CW ops who gave it their all.  You wouldn't want to
hear me all weekend with just paddles!  Hope everyone had a great time.