[3830] ARRL FD W1DYJ 1D LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 26 20:55:43 EDT 2022

                    ARRL Field Day - 2022

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: 1D LP
QTH: EMA

  160:           1
   80:          17
   40:          42
   20:          26
   15:          15
   10:          41
    6:          22
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   0     164      0  Total Score = 806

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The total score includes the 100 pts for the ARRL Message and the e-file.

For the third year I entered FD as a "distributed member" of the
W1HP "HP ALUMNI RC" club.  No longer having a physical location,
W1HP has become more diverse. Also, although I normally don't like
contesting with FT8, but as FD is not a contest...

SO: I decided my goals were:
      * A Personal Best
      * Try FT8 exclusively
      * Understand how to optimize SW and band changes
      * A distant goal: AK on 80 -- not going to happen during the summer

I met the first three.  Obviously, I didn't meet the last.

Running WSJY-X >> JTAlert >> N3FJP, I enjoyed playing with them to
optimize their interaction.  Mostly C&P, at times when the rate
dropped I moved to running, or moving to a different band. Total time
on the air was a bit over 8 hours.  You can tell from my score which
antennas are competitive.

Rig: TS-590SG
Antennas:
   160/80/40  Fan dipole: trapped 80/40 [SE-NW] AND trapped
       160/75 [S-N, with North end turning a few times to
       fit in the yard] @ 35' at center, ~15'at ends
   Roof tower 1:
       20  HB Moxon @ 36'
       15  Rotatable Dipole @ 33' (I keep this as it also "works" on