[3830] ARRL FD AA4GA 1B QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 27 22:53:04 EDT 2022

                    ARRL Field Day - 2022

Call: AA4GA
Operator(s): AA4GA
Station: AA4GA

Class: 1B QRP
QTH: GA

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  167     0       0  Total Score = 1,820

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

My in-laws were in town for their annual visit and rented a nice VRBO in the
mountains for all to stay at, so I packed up the KX3, an EFHW, and planned on a
few hours of operating.

Trying to put up the antenna at T minus 30, my launcher's projectile hit a tree
limb hard and self-destructed.  I decided to just go with the resulting low
anchor point, which gave me an antenna for 40/20/10 that sloped from 20' on the
high side to 10' at the feedpoint.  I should have tried to figure out how to
better deploy the antenna...it...sucked.  Or maybe was condx.  But I've never
had so many loudish signals CQ in my face, even when running 5 Watts like this
weekend.

Amazingly, still fun.  I could go to the rig every so often for a few minutes to
escape the loudness of a house full of kids on vacation.

I did log on my iPad, using a program called HamRS.  Actually, not too bad for
the low-key effort I was making...but I'd hate to try to use it in a
"real" contest.  I'll probably use it for future SOTA/POTA ops.

Hoping to get some real antennas up by November...wish me luck!