[3830] CWopsT KG5U/M Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jun 30 00:26:49 EDT 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Jun 29

Call: KG5U/M
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

Total:  22  Mults = 22  Total Score = 484

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Ordinarily, I keep my Wednesday's free--for the CWTs, yardwork, haircut, etc.
But, I opted to be a sub for a late Wednesday morning sea turtle nesting patrol
on Bolivar Peninsula beach. On the way back to the ferry, I stopped to find a
couple of geocaches I had been meaning to find--this was the end of sea turtle
nesting season and I knew I wouldn't be back to Bolivar for a long time. So, I
spent way too much time searching out the three geocaches (I found two of them).
I got in line for the ferry at 18:20Z and our column of cars rolled onto the
ferry at 18:55Z. I happened to have the FT-891 sitting on 14028 and heard
stations warming up. I made my first Q at 1901z just as the ferry pullled out
heading for Galveston. By the time we docked and my column of cars started
rolling off onto the pavement, I had made 22 QSOs. Great fun. Unfortunately,
driving through Galveston and onto I-45N is hazardous enough without mixing
CW/mobile into the mix. So that was the extent of my 19Z CWT today.
Great fun, nonetheless, and kudos to all whom I called and worked. What more
could one ask for but a nice day, smooth waters, a gentle breeze, a whackamole
setup of stations to call, and being heard by almost all whom I called.
Thanks y'all.
73,
dale, kg5u/m
(mobile setup: Ft-891, Yaesu ATAS-120 antenna, AzQRPions paddles, CMOS
microkeyer*, pocket sprial-bound notepad and BIC pen. *-denotes the dah contact
was making intermittent contact a bit...needs burnishing)

xcvr: K4D, 100w
ant: AV-640 (20-10), 40m Inv vee @ 70ft, 80m Inv vee at 70ft
sw: N1MM+
keyer: WKUSB & Kent iambic paddles & N1MM+