[3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 2 09:15:30 EST 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Mar 2

Call: OH3BCX
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH3BCX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP20XW

Total:  36  Mults = 36  Total Score = 1,296

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Probably a 3 month break at OH3BCX... The FT-990
was erratic, so I took the old IC-736. With these
old rigs the problem is the lack of Noise Reduction,
so most QSO's were at very low S/N-ratio, given this
noisy industry environment. With the QSB it is a
matter of luck to get one's own call-sign correlated
to know the contact is running. Own CQ's are out of
the question. Hopefully I will have the IC-7300 set
up to run in ARRL DX SSB (probably at OH5XO's)...

14 MHz was the best band for the session, and I got
power out from the LK-550Z. Suddenly I noticed time
running out, so I went to 21 MHz, but had the fuse
trip on the linear. Thus I only got time to work
Mike F5PLC on basic IC-736 power. The antenna was
the old vertical against the telephone pole and
Dentron MT-3000A tuner (70 ft of foam CATV-coax).

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops