[3830] ARRLDX SSB K3HW SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 17:45:59 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K3HW
Operator(s): K3HW
Station: K3HW

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Skippack, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 15:05

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
Total:  162   104  Total Score = 50,232

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I was looking for a new challenge and decided to do a semi-full QRP effort.  I
recently installed a delta loop antenna at about 40 feet and it played well in
testing.  This was my main antenna for the contest.  Also used a tribander at 35
feet and various dipoles, and a ground mounted vertical. Having all the
different antennas really helped for QRP.  Interesting how sometimes I could be
heard somewhat easily on fifth or sixth call, hi hi and other times it would
take 20 minutes.  Best thrill was working ZL1 on 15 meters with 5 watts!  The
IC-7610 and its filtering helped so much with many of the contacts.  Thanks to
the DX for the QSOs and the patience with pulling me out.  73 K3HW..