[3830] ARRLDX SSB N3OC SOUAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 19:00:14 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: N3OC
Operator(s): `
Station: N3OC

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 32
OpMode: SO2R

   20:  839   101
   15:  824   102
Total: 2215   381  Total Score = 2,531,745

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

More or less serious effort, with some dinner and snooze time. I made a plan and
followed it, and it worked pretty good. Plan was designed around my abilities
and my station's abilities. Of course the sun giveth and the sun taketh away,
and late Saturday afternoon and Saturday night were awful. Between disturbed
conditions and heavy QRN 80/160 were pretty much unusable, and some line noise
thrown in for good measure. 10m was fun and was able to run some Eu on a skew
path (90-100 degrees), and the Asia at the end Sunday was very nice.

The online score was a motivator and if I was chasing some of the big single ops
I thought I was doing OK, although the scores seem pretty low this year.