[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5PI(@W5KFT) SOUAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 19:28:03 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K5PI
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 27:14

  160:   12     9
Total: 1349   310  Total Score = 1,194,120

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was a casual entry to enjoy the rising solar flux and maybe work some new
band/country/mode slots.  I do most CW contests and only dabble in SSB.  Every
time I realize how much I DON'T know about phone.  Anyway, I slept when I was
tired, took breaks to eat when I was hungry, and clicked on LOTS of spots.  I
really only ran for any significant time on 15.

15 was great; 10 still needs some more sunspots.  I think I worked 8 Europeans
on 10.  The low bands were really pretty noisy, especially Saturday night.  The
beverages didn't quiet things down much.  The champ was my little SE VE3DO loop
- that got quite a few Caribbean mults in the log.

There were some really good ops and quite a few who didn't ID much.  Boy, it's
really feast or famine with spotting on SSB!  I spun the knob and found LOTS of
good, unspotted mults.  So I posted lots of spots, and kept my fingers crossed
for a spot when running.