[3830] ARRLDX SSB NN4RB SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 20:33:56 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FM07
Operating Time (hrs): 8:53

Total:  252   142  Total Score = 107,352

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Did not start until after noon on Saturday.  Started out on 10 meters and played
and had some fun.  I was running a 100 watts, but I knew I would change later. I
got over 50 Qs on 10.  When I left 10m, I went to 20m bypassing 15m.  I noticed
that 20m was noisy.  It did not take me long to turn on the amp.  Life is too
short to fight the pileups and noise.  Plugged away on 20m and got 52 contacts.
 By then it was 8:25 PM local.  I took another break for the local net.  I
started back at 9:28 on 40m.  The noise was so bad, that I moved to 80m after 1
contact.  I plugged away on 80m and got 30 contacts and moved backup to 40.
There for away I was doing pretty good and managed to 52 contacts before getting
too tired.  I did check 160 and couple of times, but nothing was found.  I quit
at 12:04 AM local.  I had intention to get back on the air on Sunday, but it was
after 2:45 PM.  Made a few contacts on 15m only to get interrupted.  I did not
get back in the seat until 4:40 PM.  Finished up the contest on 15m getting 60
Qs.  Did OK for the hours and all S&P.

Rick Brown
NN4RB

IC-7610
Alpha 374A
SteppIR 3E with 40
35' vertical on metal roof of shed
80' Dipole at 50' that can be switched to top load vertical for 160m.  This has
a KAT-500 at the base.