[3830] ARRLDX SSB N9TF SOUAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 22:18:40 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH: Clarksville TN.

Total:  130    91  Total Score = 35,490

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

No particular strategy this weekend other than to make as many contacts in as
many DX entities as propagation and my lack of antenna would allow, hi hi. I did
hope to be able to make at least 100 Qs, which was met after 10.5 hours of
playing. I did miss most all of daylight hours on Saturday due to another
commitment. Also decided to not bother with 80 and 160, as that would have just
been to stressful on SSB! Had fun chasing PJ2T, PJ4G, VP5M, and J68HZ for
successful Qs on all four bands worked. Almost had D4 on all four but never
heard them on 40. 15m was my best band for a nice blend of EU/AF/SA and
Caribbean. 40 was rock solid for EU/AF. 20 and 10 mostly SA and Caribbean. Even
though I operated assisted, I probably spent more time tuning up and down the
bands rather than chase spots. Those stations were usually log jammed with many
ops descending on them all at once. Kept track of spots though so I could go
back later and try.
All in all it was a relaxing and fun 14 hours on and off here and there picking
off DX and mults. Low wire and gutters and low power got me 46 DXC on SSB. I'll
smile and put those in the permanent log any day!
Thanks to all who heard my signal at the noise floor and hung in there to get
the exchange. Thanks for all the Qs.

73 Gene, N9TF
Clarksville, TN