[3830] ARRLDX SSB AG4W SOUSB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 7 10:15:54 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: AG4W
Operator(s): AG4W
Station: AG4W

Class: SOUSB15 HP
QTH: AL

Total:  591    99  Total Score = 175,527

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

FTDX-101MP, AL-1200, 3 element quad at 40 feet. I decided to have a fun weekend
and run assisted. I had computer problems on Saturday when one monitor failed
and then both quit several hours later. Restarting the computer and monitor and
replacing cables did not fix the one monitor but when the second one failed
restarting the computer fixed both monitors. Friday right after the contest
started we had a nice opening to Asia for 1 hour in darkness. The opening to
Europe on Saturday morning was skew path to the east in the beginning. I had fun
with all the spots and probably should of spent more time running. We had no
opening to Asia Saturday afternoon since propagation took a turn for the worse.
Sunday I really was surprised to see a nice opening to Asia at the end. I was
pleased to work QRP stations in both Europe and Asia. With 99 counties it was
very obvious the country that I was missing for 100. Ukraine. Sad.