[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1HNZ SOUAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 7 11:00:01 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W1HNZ
Operator(s): W1HNZ
Station: W1HNZ

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: MA

  160:    7     6
Total:  547   214  Total Score = 351,174

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

As commented by others conditions were quite variable due to geomagnetics. 10
and 15 went out earlier to Europe than I anticipated. However, Favorable
conditions were filled in through the rotation by the South Americans. QSB on 10
meters was quite pronounced on Sunday. The effort was mostly S&P as I had
difficulty establishing any sort of sustained run. (skills improvement needed
here.) 80 and 160 were especially noisy here at this QTH. I really must do
something about a 40 m antenna. Looking out the window most of the snow is gone
so before the state birds of black flies and mosquitoes come out, I need to get
busy. Even though 40 meters was a mash pit there were a lot of Q's to be had
that I missed. A bright spot on 15m Sunday was AL, HI, ZL, and JA's
multipliers.

Rig:
IC 7610
KPA 1500