[3830] ARRLDX SSB K4SBZ SOUAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 7 15:40:11 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K4SBZ
Operator(s): K4SBZ
Station: K4SBZ

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 19..25

  160:    3     3
Total:  401   213  Total Score = 256,239

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Really enjoyed this contest. As a single op in a 48-hour contest, there was no
pressure to operate every hour. I was able to operate when I could, taking
whatever breaks I needed including for sleep, meals or personal/family needs.

The band openings for 15 and 10 were great. This is probably the first time I
have had more multipliers on 15 than on the old standby, 20. I was pleased with
being able to get through pileups at low power. When I had difficulty sleeping
because of a medical problem, I was rewarded by finding several mults on open
bands at 4 a.m. local -- with no pileups :-) .

Sunday, as the PM greyline approached the US, there were more JAs being spotted
than the rest of DX. There was even a BA1. But those who worked the XE1 on the
same frequency, thinking they were getting a China mult will be surprised. (The
clue was when he said "gracia" for the contact. lol

For the most part, behavior was better than most contestss. There were still
those who called when their callsign came no where near the partial requested.
They should not be rewarded by getting responses.

I was amazed at how many US ops gave both their power and their state in their
exchanges. They apparently read the rules, but didn't understand them.