[3830] TBDC WA8Y Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 13 09:03:36 EDT 2022

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: WA8Y
Operator(s): WA8Y
Station: WA8Y

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Midland, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 3:46
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 128  Total Score = 284

Club: Bay Area DXers

Comments:

Just like me, I threw my back out a few hours before the contest.  I almost
didn't compete.  Then I had over looked a switch setting, my Amp would not got
into TX because it was not receiving a PTT signal.  While troubleshooting at 3
Watts, I got a call.  NY3B became my first Q in the log.  So I called others and
they came right back!  I was having fun at 3 Watts!  I even did some Running.  I
was getting out amazingly well!  I still had to limit my operating time due to
my back.
This might be my first QRP Contest entry.