[3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 13 20:45:39 EDT 2022

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 2
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 97  Total Score = 508

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Remote from Tokyo.

All contacts made on my coax-fed 80 meter dipole which my K3 tunes nicely and
which works better than you would expect.

I got on at 0400Z for 1:38 and put 82 stations in the log.  I think a lot of
stations had already gone QRT by the time I got on.  I added 15 more contacts
during four brief tunes across the band later in the day.  EU was quite strong
during the 0400Z hour and the band was very quiet at my QTH in Ohio.  Amazingly,
I managed to work two EU (F & HA) and several west coast stations with my
poor antenna. Four Stews throughout the year have taught us that 160 is not just
a Dec/Jan band.

73, Hal W1NN remote at tokyo