[3830] WiQP N9SD Multi-Op Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 14 17:55:40 EDT 2022

                    Wisconsin QSO Party - 2022

Call: N9SD
Operator(s): N9SD
Station: N9SD

Class: Multi-Op Mobile LP
QTH: Wisconsin
Operating Time (hrs): 7:00

    2:      5
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:    736       0  Mults = 67  Total Score = 155,933.5

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Murphy strikes! On Saturday, I had to troubleshoot a "minor" problem
in which transmitting on 40m and 80m disabled the power steering in my CR-V.
Well, that's not good!

Then on Sunday morning, out of the blue, our radio will not transmit over 60W
without shutting down entirely. We never figured that out, so ended up operating
the entire contest with about 60 watts!

Despite these Murphy attacks, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Shout out to a number of stations who worked us several times:

DL3DXX - 6 times
K8MFO - 14 times
K5LXP - 9 times (ham buddy since high school)
KE0TT - 9 times
VE3CX - 9 times

Things got off to a good start. Then between 1830 and 2030, the number of
signals and signal strengths dropped way down, along with our rate. No idea what
that was about. Our antennas were just fine.

At one point, WO9B must have been within a few hundred feet of us in MAN as we
all headed west across the middle of the state - I could hear his CW signal
clicking on my receiver all up and down the band. So we worked each other to
pick up the mult. Then later heard WO9B in WAL, so grabbed that new mult as
well.

This year we experimented with having one radio on 2m. It yielded only 5 Qs, but
we did pick up Calumet on 2m (thanks to N9UPU).

Another great year for the WQP!