[3830] KRC SST OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 18 17:28:03 EDT 2022

                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Mar 18

Call: OH5ZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP21SA

   40:   1     1
   20:   8     8
Total:   9     9  Total Score = 81

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

X-rays were at a straight B2-level for 15 hours,
but for the daylight zone there was a minor jump
to B3 at the start of SST. Days get longer, and
14 MHz was still open to Eastern VE/W-areas.

I did some antenna experiments. The sloper wire in
the backyard is somewhat screened by the apartment.
That one pulled FL and MD in. Then I connected the
vertical parallel to it (ignoring phasing aspects).

The vertical picked up more additional noise, but
there was not much change in signal levels. Finally
I took only the vertical looking over the roof to
more Western states. That brought in even more noise
but also TX IN MI ON QC ... Finally I went to 7 MHz
on the sloper wire again, and to my delight I could
work Bill K1GQ from New Hampshire. That made me look
above 7040 kHz, but there was plenty of RTTY traffic
there. No Europe on 7 MHz, but Mac G3WZD on 14 MHz.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops