[3830] Rus DX KM4SII SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 20 03:58:43 EDT 2022

                    Russian DX Contest - 2022

Call: KM4SII
Operator(s): KM4SII
Station: KM4SII

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 19
Remote Operation

   80:   14               9         0
   40:  123              32        15
   20:  127              33        26
   15:  124              30        38
   10:    3               3         1
Total:  391     0       107        79  Total Score = 467,046

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My first (almost) full-time contest effort in many months. It was good to be
back! I was operating my home station remotely from my college dorm room.

Participation was lacking as expected, but it was still an enjoyable contest.
After EU sunrise, I found myself with absolutely no one to work and basically no
one answering my CQs. After only one QSO in 23 minutes, I decided to go QRT at
0730z.

80m was quite poor here with very few stations heard. 40m was decent but very
noisy. 20m was average during the day, but was open quite late here with many
loud but fluttery Asians, and later some Europeans, coming through well into the
night. My last 20m QSO was at 0627z.

15m was surprisingly the best band for a large portion of the contest with a
superb opening into Russia. My most interesting DX was also worked on 15m --
UK8IQ and VU2TMP.

10m had a bit of life with PY, HA, and UA2 worked there.

Thanks for the QSOs!

73 Mason - KM4SII

Antennas:

80: 80m dipole sloping from 70 to 40 ft