[3830] VaQP K2KW SOAB/MixedFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 20 15:57:43 EDT 2022

                    Virginia QSO Party - 2022

Call: K2KW
Operator(s): K2KW
Station: K2KW

Class: SOAB/MixedFixed HP
QTH: POW
Operating Time (hrs): 14
OpMode: SO2R

  160:
   80:  186    104      0
   40:  241     83      0
   20:  114    103      0
   15:   23      7      0
   10:    1             0
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  565    297      0  Mults = 157  Total Score = 224,824

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for the QSOs!

This was more of a Murphy weekend and poor band choice.  I had planned on a
75/80m single-band effort with 2 radios (in-band SO2R), but 75/80 was vacant at
the beginning of the contest as everyone was on 40(and most of the weekend).  I
tried 75/80 in-band SO2R for 3 hours and the rate was under 10/hr!

That caused a change of plans:  just get on and make some QSOs.  I QSY'd and
shortly after a big wind hit and it pulled my coax (antenna is in trees) and the
amp kicked off (high swr)and my Elecraft K3 stopped working with an "ERR
PTT" message and the radio was dead.  It took about 2 hours to figure out
how to clear it.  The "ERR PTT" message hit 2 more times, but it still
took time to resolve (I suspect RFI in shack).  Then my Array Solutions 6-pak
totally failed and I had to change coax manually.  Looks like I have some
repairs to work on.

Highlights was working OM2Vl on 80-10m CW and it would have been 6-bands but my
160 is temporarily disconnected.

Worked 71 of 133 possible VA Counties & Cities.  Missed in the US: SD, NV,
KL7, and KH6.

73, Kenny K2KW