[3830] BARTG VO1HP SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 21 09:01:14 EDT 2022

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: GN37
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Remote Operation

   80:    0       0          0
   40:    0       0          0
   20:   77      29         17
   15:  193      44         11
   10:   36      19          2
-----------------------------------
Total:  306      92         30  Continents = 6  Total Score = 223,992

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

First time in a RTTY contest in many years so it was a real learning curve all
over again.  First challenge was configuring all the settings to make RTTY
(AFSK) work through my Remote Rig boxes with my K3 Mini and an external sound
card interface (Behringet UMC202HD)at the Control location.  I reasoned that if
FT8 workds why not RTTY.  I setup MMTTY to work stand alone and then opened
N1MM+. It started right away. (All of the receeding happened over a two week
period with many false starts and re-learnings!)

The first few BARTG contacts were nerve wracking!  ESM worked but the macro
didn't seem to be right (false alarm) and the rx window in MMTTY would not
scroll...and I didn't like the colors of the boxes that would aooear around
callsigns.  At first I was using the tab key  to advance the cursor to the NR
and Time fields when I remembered that I could just click on each NR and Time
and they would pop into the fields themselves! About two or three hours later I
recalled something about the INSERT key but didn't know what.  During a small
run I used the INSERT key on a decoded call (VP8NO I think) and whaddayouknow
VP8NO popped into the Callsign field and the report was sen to him.!
Fantastic.!

Maybe there are other N1MM+ secrets that I could have used but I didn't discover
or remember them!

Overall it was fun and not a serious effort as i didn't even listen on
80&40
Very pleased to work 3 YB's on 15 and 4 JA's on 20.  I was hoping for a DU Zone
27 and VK Z29 & Z30 on 10M but no go...the band never did open nicely.  I
ran low power with 100W from KPA500 driven by the K3 at about 10W drive and both
PA's ran nice and cool.

73 and thanks to all who called.
Frank VO1HP

K3 Remote line