[3830] Rus DX R5AJ SO SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 21 19:16:42 EDT 2022

                    Russian DX Contest - 2022

Call: R5AJ
Operator(s): R5AJ
Station: R5AJ

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH:

  160:   0       59       7        29
   80:   0      106      17        35
   40:   0      234      40        47
   20:   0      520      59        56
   15:   0      297      36        38
   10:   0       66      10        22
Total:   0     1282     169       227  Total Score = 1,717,056

Club: Russian Contest Club

Comments:

K2MGA starts the war   against amateur radio spirit around the world.
Now CQ is   the leader of thousands of unlicensed radio operations around the
world in major contests  against HAMs   in Russia.
It's just beginning. Who's next?
I live in Russia and I am proud to be a Russian HAM. And I say to all of you:
when CNN or Fox news will show 14,000+  young children, teenagers, women, men,
old people killed in Donbas from 2014 up to now by the Nazi regime in Kiev just
because they want to speak Russian and to go to the Russian Orthodox
Church...you will be horrified. Let's go to Donbass  to see real happy people
now.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 17, 2022
Contact: Rich Moseson, W2VU, Editor
w2vu at cq-amateur-radio.com

STATEMENT OF CQ COMMUNICATIONS, INC., REGARDING CQ CONTESTS AND THE RUSSIAN
INVASION OF UKRAINE

         (Northport, NY 17 March, 2022) – CQ Communications, Inc., publishers
of CQ Amateur Radio magazine and sponsor of the CQ World Wide DX and WPX
Contests, announced today that in light of the invasion of Ukraine by Russia and
Belarus, it will not accept competitive entries in any of its sponsored contests
by amateur radio stations in Russia, Belarus or the separatist Donbas region of
Ukraine (unofficial D1 prefix). Logs submitted by these stations will be
accepted only as checklogs. In addition, contacts with these stations by other
participants will have zero point value and will not count as multipliers.

This is in line with a similar action taken by the Radio Society of Great
Britain, following the lead of other international sports federations around the
world.

"We regret the need to take this action," said CQ Publisher Richard
Ross, K2MGA, "and recognize that the vast majority of our fellow amateurs
who are affected by it are innocent bystanders who had no role in their
government's decision to invade another sovereign country. However, in light of
the great suffering being inflicted without cause on the people of Ukraine by
Russia's leaders, we cannot in good conscience stand by and do nothing."

The CQ policy will take effect with the 2021 CQ WPX SSB Contest on March 26 and
27. Future events will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending on the
situation at that time.