[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 23 16:44:55 EDT 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Mar 23

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total:  141  Mults = 137  Total Score = 19,317

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

20 meters sounded almost dead at the beginning, very washed out. W7 (but not
many) and Europeans made up a lot of the contacts.  At 1918Z had 52 QSOs, half
of them were pretty weak, and not many W4 or Midwest.  W2VM and the VE3 guys are
usually pretty solid, but they were weak.  I stayed on 20 until it got really
slow, hoping that 40 would be good to another area of the USA, but it was not.
Both bands were weak!  This is a clear case of when SO2R would have been
beneficial - 2 mediocre bands. QSY to 40 at 1938 which was about right because
there were not many stations strong enough to work.  I did S&P as running
was not productive.  At the end I ran out of guys. N3OC was one of the few
strong guys.