[3830] WPX SSB YT3X SOSB20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 28 01:10:54 EDT 2022

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: YT3X
Operator(s): YT3X
Station: YT3X

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Visak

Total:   0  Prefixes = 0  Total Score = 1

Club: Contest Club Serbia

Comments:

Injecting politics into our hobbies can be disastrous for all of us. One great
shame.

My e-mail to the director went unanswered:

to:	w2vu at cq-amateur-radio.com
date:	22. 3. 2022. 11:42
subject:	The last time has come....

Respected,
your decision to exclude Russian and Belarusian stations from the contest is
shameful and humiliating for any amateur radio. You have moved away from
Ham-spirit and entered politics. It’s not good for us and for us movement.
Know that some radio amateur from Russia is not guilty of what is happening in
Ukraine, just as you are not guilty of what is wrong with the policy of your
country. I just want to remind you that your country bombed my country in 1999.
So, enjoy your hobby, spread peace and love, give up politics and cheap
political points. Politics is not part of our hobby. This year, I will boycott
WPX SSB for that reason. I hope you will change this crazy decision before the
contest. If it stays that way, I probably won't participate in the WXP CW
either.
I wish you all the luck, common sense and the right decisions!

Pse return to the hobby!