[3830] WPX SSB WW2R(N2CEI) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 28 10:38:33 EDT 2022

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: WW2R
Operator(s): N2CEI
Station: N4SVC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NFL

Are your ears still ringing? Mine are!  Don't think I will "All band
"again. It was brutal!  AND-- I dislike 20M a lot!  Anyway, its in the
"Been there done that" category now. Could not get a run on any band
(as suspected with low power)  so spent  the  first night and day in S&P
mode after the high point multipliers. Could than find clearer frequencies  to
RUN on  the last day.
 As for the station, the N4SVC club house operates on limited funds  and all  HF
Antennas are either home brew or salvaged from disasters  and then donated to us
to use. Same with the towers. They are donated and removed from local property's
(Rohn 20/25 and hybrids of them) But-- its all fun!  I had 3 rookie's sitting in
we me observing on Friday night and Saturday and looking for tips on how to
operate in the up coming ARRL Rookie Round Up. My turn then to observe them!
Anyway, Station details.
Two KT-34's at 110' for 10,15, and 20M
K1WA sloping dipole design for 40 M  on 75' tower (Switchable directions)
Home Brew 80M 4 square  supported by  80' tower
Dipole at 100' for 160M
AND my favorite K3 that died on me late Saturday night.  But--  the club house
has 3 HF operating positions  with K3's  so-- moved the antenna connections over
and got back at it.
Anyway, great to to see than bands full with all the different call signs.
Thanks to all, C U soon, Steve