[3830] WPX SSB K9CT M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 28 12:11:21 EDT 2022

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): WT2P K2DRH K9CT W9PDS KD9LSV AB9YC
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL

   40: 1161
   20: 1623
   15: 1366

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Well that was fun! Great team of operators that played well with each other for
48 hours. First timer was Patrick, W9PDS who jumped in with both feet. Bob,
K2DRH of VHF contesting fame and Connor, KD9LSV senior EE student Bradley joined
stalwarts WT2P, AB9YC and myself for a great effort on all bands.

Propagation was good most of the time. We noticed the bands getting soft in the
second 24 hours with weaker signals and some paths gone compared to the first
day. Prop seemed to steadily recover in the last 12 hours with strong signals to
EU late in the contest. It was great to get 15m back after several years absence
and still not much going on 10m to EU from here. Excellent SA presence on 10m!

Food is always a highlight of team operating and this was no exception this
weekend. Homemade chicken pot pie and Lasagna were excellent and lots of chicken
 and breakfast food that we just could not finish! We never lose weight on a
contest weekend....just sleep.

Weather was just plain ugly the first few hours. Winds would gust to 50 mph and
antennas were bouncing!

Station worked without Murphy paying any visits. We are going to improve that
station this summer to improve in band operation. More is always better!

Enjoyed watching the online scoreboard! Some fantastic scores out there.
Congratulation to ND7K team on a huge score. Your initial rates were terrific.

Thanks for the QSOs and fun! See you in the next one.

73, Craig K9CT