[3830] WPX SSB NT6Q(N5ZO) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 28 17:33:14 EDT 2022

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: NT6Q
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 26
OpMode: SO2R

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Felt after couple hours that I really did not want to do full 36 hrs phone
contest effort especially when trying to fit into 40 m SSB band with somewhat
compromised antennas on SSB portion of band.  So I decided to do 500 Qs before
leaving Friday night.  But then I went back into shack couple more times and
ended up to operate much more than I had planned but still only 26 hrs
alltogether, taking about 12 hrs off on both days, most of that off time in
competely wrong times to build any kind of competitive score.  Like I was away
most of both nights for low bands and most of high band EU opening on Saturday.
I may have been the only NT6 as I did not work that multiplier.  Lot's of US in
my log, which is always the case from my station in this contest and why I
actually get into it at all from home, i.e. because we can work domestic too in
it.  Nice to see 15 m back with hundreds of Qs there.  1st time playing with
IC-7610 on SSB contest so I spent some time to figure it out with expense of
using much of 2nd radio.  I do like this 7610 also on SSB.  One of the K-3
radios has been kind of retired since I got 7610 couple months ago.  I think it
has been established as keeper.
Tnx for Qs and 73 de Marko N5ZO