[3830] WPX SSB OM7RU SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 31 16:08:42 EDT 2022

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Fortunately, impoving of DX conditions are visible. Slight, but visible.

Nice and long 20m opening on Saturday evening, but Suday was worse. 15m was
better on Sunday. Nice to see 10m alive. Low bands were not as good as during
last years. 160m almost empty.

Funny tactic was applied to me:
"Please, this frequancy is in use." announced me IZ2 station after my
cca 2 hours of running CQ on the same frequency.
My answer was: "Yes, is in use by me for couple of hours".
Then he started to call CQ on my frequency. NA started to be opened on 20m, so I
was QSY there. Based on DX cluster, he left the frequncy 10 minutes later. No
idea, what was going on.

I'm quite satisfied with result. How many points were stolen by Mr. Special
Operation's escapade?
Politics must be out of HAM radio. But could the crimes committed in UR have
zero impact on someone, including HAMs?

Hope to meet really everybody in CW leg again.

Used equipments:
 Kenwood TS-590SG
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 OM Power 3500A
 ACOM 2000A
 microHAMs: MK2R+, 2x Station Master, doubleTEN, ARCO
 2x OM Power OM6BPF
 DXLog

Antennas:
 160m: Half Sloper