[3830] FlQP W6DMW(@N6RO) M/MMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 1 18:54:35 EDT 2022

                    Florida QSO Party - 2022

Call: W6DMW
Operator(s): WD6T K6AW N6RO KK6PXT WX5S W6DMW
Station: N6RO

Class: M/MMixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
OpMode: SO2R
Remote Operation

   40:   41
   20:  170     78
   15:   86    104
   10:    6     29
--------------------
Total:  303    211  CW Mults = 61  Ph Mults = 53  Total Score = 92,340

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

What a blast!  California to Florida, one sunshine state to the other.

Originally slated to be a small learning exercise for the newer operators at RO
and I didn't expect much action all the way around.  Instead we launched into an
almost full bore event.  Staffed 2 or 3 radios for the entire contest and with
that we had a fantastic amount of QSOs and spectacular teaching/training time.

On 10m, N6RO, W6DMW, and KK6PXT working in very tough conditions. 10 was open on
Sat. from 1930-2030, and again around 22z.  Sunday had no opening until 21z,
most FL had gone to 40m while we were still basking in the sun.

15m was handled by KK6PXT, W6DMW, WD6T and WX5S.  We had to break it up more due
to two of us not knowing enough CW so luckily WD6T and WX5S were more than happy
to jump in as needed.  On Saturday Ken looked at me CQ'ing into the abyss and
said "It'll open at noon".  Sure enough.... noon marked our first 15m
QSOs.  15m was very good all around on both days.  At some points it was like
the FL stations were in the shack with us.

20m was manned by K6AW and  WD6T for a majority of the time on CW where each of
them nailed almost 200 of our QSOs on 20 alone.  KK6PXT and W6DMW did the rest
of 20.  Some of that time alternating with the CW op so we could get the SSB
contacts. 20 was very tough from out here.  Lots of noise, weak signals, and
nets.

40m was WX5S on Saturday and a bit of QSOs by W6DMW in the early morning on
Sunday.  It was Matts idea to make sure we had it covered in the AM and I'm glad
I sacrificed some zzz's for the QSOs.

As WD6T puts it was "fun chasing the mobiles around" and it's amazing
to see mobiles change counties every 20 minutes since our counties are so much
bigger.

Only missed a few counties.  Sadly but it was definitely not for lack of trying.

K6AW, W6DT, and WX5S were remote. W6DMW, KK6PXT, and N6RO were in the shack.
Again, thank you to Ken and the rest of the group.  I had a blast and got some
excellent training time and I know KK6PXT did too!  Mission accomplished!

73!
W6DMW

Flex 6600M
Elecraft K3
Elecraft, ACOM, and Flex for Amps (plus an older one I can't remember the name
of :) )

Lots of antennas