[3830] FlQP K4HQK SOABCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 1 21:22:17 EDT 2022

                    Florida QSO Party - 2022

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA

   40:   63     0
   20:   39     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  102     0  CW Mults = 39  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 7,956

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The Florida QP is a favorite of mine. I lived there 15 years (Ocala and
Jacksonville) and earned my degrees at FSU and the U of Fla. In addition, my
mother's family has resided north of Tampa since the early 19th century.

Unfortunately, I was hobbled at the last minute by (1) a blown matching circuit
in the vertical and (2) a wife "requesting" assistance with yard work.
Because Florida stations come in best at my QTH on 20m, I had to fall back on
the 80m dipole through a tuner for 20m. The 40m dipole worked fine.

I was pleasantly surprised the contest was populated by 25 N4A-Z (all but N4X)
callsigns, far more than last year.

Because the Florida QSO Party was loaded as usual with activity, I chose to
operate using CW only, my favorite mode. Yelling into a mic gets old.

John K4HQK
Alexandria, VA

Station: IC-7400, ALS-600 amp, Cushcraft R6000 vertical (20-10 meters), and
dipoles.