[3830] FlQP N4FP Multi-Op MobileCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 2 21:47:53 EDT 2022

                    Florida QSO Party - 2022

Call: N4FP
Operator(s): N4FP K2PS
Station: N4FP

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: Florida

--------------------
Total:  1507    0  CW Mults = 63  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 379,764

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Flex 6400 to Hustler 40, 20, 15 meter resonators, all horizontally mounted atop
3 ft mag mounted mast. Instant band switching was great. Early on we blew the 20
amp fuse in the 12 volt line from the battery, twice. Replaced with 30 amp fuse
and no further problems there. Thereafter all went well until an antenna problem
developed that resulted in only being able to operate while not in motion, and
finally not at all. The problem seemed to be a short or open in the base.
Finally gave up at 1425 local time in Seminole County when we determined the
antenna was not functional or fixable. I dropped  Pete, K2PS off at his QTH in
The Villages and proceeded to my QTH in Ocala. Connected a 20 meter Ham Stick to
a different mag mounted base and managed 31 contacts from Marion County in the
last 16 minutes.   Conditions were generally pretty good except when
encountering S7-9 line noise from power lines along major highways that made it
difficult to copy callers. We worked in 28 of the 34 counties we originally
planned to cover. 20 was by far the best band. This was my 9th FQP mobile, with
6 years being driven by my xyl Marty, N4GL, and 3 years sharing operating and
driving with Pete, K2PS. Marty really appreciates Pete!