[3830] FlQP N4P(@W4DUG) SOAB(A)Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 3 18:17:14 EDT 2022

                    Florida QSO Party - 2022

Call: N4P
Operator(s): W4LT KR4X K4NMR K4EJ KX4TT N4WEB KO4RWV AF4PS
Station: W4DUG

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed HP
QTH: WCF/HIL

   40:   330    46
   20:   609   824
   15:   186    50
   10:     2    20
--------------------
Total:  1127   940  CW Mults = 88  Ph Mults = 77  Total Score = 526,680

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rigs: TS590S (x2), CW with Elecraft KPA500, SSB with SPE 2K-FA
Antennas: CW EF240 @ 118 ft, C31XR @108 ft - SSB: C19X @ 70ft, XR5 @ 55ft,
Carolina Windom 180 at 90ft, Carolina Windom 80 Sloper at 90ft/15 ft

Great time with running high power at W4DUG, where we usually run 100w.  Those
antennas really make a big signal with a little amplification.

We had to stop for 1.5 hours on Saturday for a hellacious storm right about the
Clubhouse with really "pretty" lightning and a few pea sized
hailstorms.  Made quite a racket!

KO4RWV and AF4PS's first contest... I think they will be back for FD!

Funny thing, All but one of our CW operators were former Viet Nam era Coast
Guard Radion men!  Lots of Semper Pratis passed back and forth.

Great time was had by all, and we missed a full section sweep by only three
entities, NT, NU and YT.  Frankly, I dont think these sections were on, but you
never know.  I even worked a DC station!  First ever!

Hope all had fun doing the alphabet thing.  The pileups were a ton of fun on
both modes.

Thanks to all for participation and thanks to the Tampa ARC for the use of the
rockin' W4DUG antenna farm!

Lu W4LT - FQP Op Wrangler