[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K1RZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat May 7 15:05:02 EDT 2022

                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2022

Call: K1RZ
Operator(s): K1RZ
Station: K1RZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FM19jh

Total:  QSOs = 61  Max Dist(km) = 709  Total Score = 12,166

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

It was a tough go today with the rain storm and wind (low pressure area) around
the mid-Atlantic region.  Not the best for the Microwave Bands.  Activity seemed
good though.  Stayed busy through the whole event.  Many thanks to Joe K9MRI
EN70iu as my Best DX at 709 km.   Dana VE3DS FN03fq following next at 524 km.
My thanks to John N9ZL/R who roved to four grids providing 18 QSO's.   Staying
dry inside the cab of the truck at the same time had to be a plus.  A most
interesting contact with Steve K3WHC on 10 GHz Rainscatter - a picture Steve
sent me shows my signal was peaking in the back corner of the garage with
Steve's tripod just inside the garage door. As usual a lot of station issues
were uncovered in the sprints.  Now to get to work and fix them before the June
Contest.  Hi. Thanks to everyone who got on.  Thanks to the Central States VHF
Society as our gracious sponsors, and to ON4KST 144/432 page for the liaison
function.      73,  Dave  K1RZ

Band / mode breakdown

 Band   Mode  QSOs     km's
   902  CW       9    3542