[3830] 7QP K7C(K6WSC) Cnty Exped SO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 9 14:46:47 EDT 2022

                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2022

Call: K7C
Operator(s): K6WSC
Station: K7C

Class: Cnty Exped SO HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 16:49

   15:  175      6
----------------------------
Total:  937    107      0  Mults = 62  Total Score = 187,550

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This was my fourth 7QP expedition, this time from a house rental situated on 20
acres near Sonoita in Santa Cruz County, AZ. When I reserved the house, I told
the host what I was going to be doing, so there were no issues. This was my
first time out with a new antenna system. See details below. This antenna system
is much bigger (full size 80) and a lot higher than my previous expedition
antennas. Lots of work went into designing, building and tuning this system. The
design goals were to be louder (of course), ease of tuning, and ease of storage
& transportation. The louder part of it is at the expense of the effort
required to get the antennas up in the air and then take it all down hours
later. It all worked perfectly and held up in high winds (although it was not
pretty). I guess it was not big enough.

Rig: FTdx10
Amp: KPA-500
Antennas:
1) Full size 80 & 40 fan dipole suspended on a 32 ft center & two 28 ft
end masts
2) 20/15/10 fan dipole suspended below the 80/40

Thanks to everyone involved with running the great 7QP!

73, Bill
K7C / K6WSC
Santa Cruz County, AZ