[3830] NCCC RY-Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu May 12 22:18:51 EDT 2022

                    NCCC RTTY Sprint - May 13

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .4
Remote Operation

   40:   8     3
   20:   5     3
   15:   0     0
Total:  13     6  Total Score = 78

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I didn't have high hopes for the station this week. The station has been failing

with internet dropouts every 10 minutes or so. During setup I got disconnected
twice, one Blue screen crash, and a scrambling of the audio devices, twice.
Nevertheless, I persisted, and rebooted, and reconnected and setup again...

Copied AJ6V and N3QE on 15m, but no connect.

20m sounded good, but the audio dropouts kicked in, and I had to wait for 2
minutes
each time hoping it would recover without disconnect. I managed to find 6
stations,
but could only work 3.

Time to go to 40m, where I heard the same and worked the same before the
dropouts
put an end to my troubles.

I plan to go up to station next week and fix the problem, we shall see...

NN7SS Burt WA (op K6UFO)

15m, 20m: 3 element yagi at 72 feet
40m: 2 element yagi at 72 feet
Flex-6600 at 5 watts
RemoteHamRadio.com, Writelog, MMTTY and 2Tone