[3830] ICWC MST N7AUE LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 16 16:49:54 EDT 2022

                    ICWC Medium Speed Test - 1900Z May 16

Call: N7AUE
Operator(s): N7AUE
Station: N7AUE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): :40

Total:  20  Mults = 20  Total Score = 400

Probably TMI, but you don´t have to read it ;)

Just this morning I was thinking about how much fun the SST and CWT's are, and
how great it would be if there were a medium speed test; it could be the MST.
The honest truth.  I even wondered what would happen if I just started calling
CQ MST for one hour periods, if I´d get TU JIM NV type exchanges.  Not that I
don't like getting to know other ops, but what I really enjoy is working on
faster exchanges and improving at that.

Fast Forward to lunch time, Just before noon I get in the car, turn on the
FT-891 and spin through 20 while I drive to PoS as usual.  Nothing.  Make a
quick trip to my "quick and (very) dirty propagation indicator (27.385 LSB)
and it's dead, which is a little atypical for the past few weeks.  So I give a
quick spin through 40.  Nothing but elevated noise.  That's odd, maybe I'm
having another antenna issue. Or the bands are just really dead.  Get the
sandwich, back in the car, driving to the south end of the runway to watch the
traffic and listen to ATC.  Spin through 20 again...  NM5G, Keith :)  And what
is this CQ MST?  I've entered the Matrix and "they" are reading my
thoughts now?  N0TA, John!  Very cool.  I wolf down the sandwich, quick look to
WA7BNM, quick switch of antennas to the 17 ft telescopic and I'm off like a herd
of turtles.

So much fun.  And three sessions, Monday AND Tuesday?  Spot on!  This is gonna
put a minor bite in my salsa and bachata class schedule; CW vs latin dance.
What a choice.  Out of nowhere another reason to be happy that I've been
sticking to the mobile SST/CWT operating since the first of the year.  I can
just slip out to the car just about anywhere and jump into a contest or DX.

So, again, TMI, I apologize.  I'm just really happy to have all these
opportunities to practice and have some fun.  Thank you for the Qso's.  73, and
CU tonight :)