[3830] CPQP KF6NCX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 17 00:48:36 EDT 2022

                    Canadian Prairies QSO Party - 2022

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

   20:   4      0        4         0
Total:   4      0        4         0  Total Score = 16

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

It was exciting to be QRV for the first-ever Canadian Plains QSO Party.  I'll be
interested to read others' experiences with this new event.  Someone predicted
it would be like operating in the North Dakota QSP, but I was more hopeful than
that.  Well, as you can see, I did not fare too well.

I don't think conditions were very favorable.  For one thing, I did not find 10
and 15 open at all on Saturday.  And most of the signals I heard on 20 meters
coming out of the three host provinces were not very strong at my QTH.  One or
two of the stations I worked were quite strong.  The other two were pretty weak.
 And I heard some others calling cq, but they were just too faint for me to
work.

I applaud the hams in the host provinces for organizing this event.  I'll hope
that conditions are better next year for stations on the West Coast.

One misfortune for me was getting mixed up on the contest's time frame.
Somehow, I mistakenly started thinking the contest was going to run until
midnight, West Coast time. So I took my time over dinner, thinking that things
would probably be pretty good on 40 meters during the late evening.  I got back
in the shack at 0310 Z, only to realize the contest had ended ten minutes
earlier! Drat. Maybe contest organizers would consider extending the hours next
year so that we could operate till late Sat. night when conditions could be
better. Thanks for the QSOs, and 73!  Larry