[3830] ArQP N8II SOMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 22 13:04:56 EDT 2022

                    Arkansas QSO Party - 2022

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV

  160:
   80:    0      0
   40:   13      8
   20:   19     33
   15:   14     17
   10:   15     19
----------------------------
Total:   61     77      0  Mults = 25  Total Score = 5,050

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I got off to a very late start and was not feeling up to par Saturday morning.
The XYL and I were scheduled for COVID vaccine boosters at 15Z followed by
walking the dog before it got too hot (high was around 93F!, by far hottest day
so far). So, my first few QSO's started 1640Z with a lunch break at 1655Z. The
good news was that band conditions were close to perfect on 20 and 15M, and 10M
was open for quite a while from at least 1925-2305Z! The bad news was that most
of the AR ops did not try above 20M. Starting at 1925Z, I would ask AR stations
who were not busy to QSY to 15 and often 10M. As I recall, 100% of the stations
moved were successfully worked on 15 and 10M! That's how I managed to work the
most out of state QSO's in less than 5 hours.

Thanks to Con,K5CM/M for the most moves/QSO's on 15 and 10. He had a pretty good
run around 23Z on 15M CW after I spotted him. W5YO also helped a lot with 8 x 4
Q's per encounter and a sweep from 40M up on both modes. Ed, WA5SOG also ran up
through 10 CW and SSB for some nice help. WR5P also helped with a sweep from 40M
up and those bonuses raised my score from 3450 to 5050!

Congrats to Steve, AA4TI who has the highest 3830 score so far. He deserves to
win with the 10 hour effort. Thanks for all of the QSO's and QSY's. Don't forget
to check 15 and 10 next year. The suggested frequencies are poor choices on 15
and 10 SSB; 15 should be around 21300 and 10 around 28430 KHz or so to align
with band activity.

73, Jeff