[3830] KRC SST KY4GS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri May 27 17:13:39 EDT 2022

                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - May 27

Call: KY4GS
Operator(s): KY4GS
Station: KY4GS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:   6      6
   20:  16     12
Total:  22     19  Total Score = 418

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Not a great day for me. Walked in after it started. I am using a new external
LDG AT-200ProII tuner and had to learn how to use it properly with the radio, so
problems with that. Also, I'm still waiting on my interface cable to hook to IC
7300, so it was manual tunes. I got frustrated because nobody could get my call
right. After changing bands again, I realized that I had left the power below
20. After that, things went much better. And people voluntarily use QRP?!?!?!
Seriously, why? This was the first time I didn't get a response almost
immediately, so I should have known. Lesson learned: check your power. The cable
should arrive USPS tomorrow afternoon (during WPX) and there will be no longer a
need to be so careful. A big thanks to those who endured my low power and were
able to understand my callsign in the noise.